As an Exectuvie Committee Member, responsibly manage DAISI’s finance on behalf of the other Executive Committee Members (i.e. Chair, Secretary, Deputy Chairmen), the Board and the stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chair and the Secretary
• Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
• Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
• Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
• Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
• Liaise with board members, office bearers, the general manager, relevant staff and volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
• Make fellow board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
• Regularly report the financial position at board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
• Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
• Ensure the annual budget is prepared in time to meet reporting responsibilities to ACNC and the ATO.
• Ensure the annual budget is available on the DAISI website for all members and stakeholders to review.
• Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
o Cheque signatories
o Purchasing limits
o Purchasing systems
o Petty cash/ float
o Salary payments
o PAYG & MYOB payments for any paid staff
o Others as appropriate
• Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
• Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
• Undertake bookkeeping duties and/or oversee the finance officer ensuring posting and bookkeeping is kept up-to-date.
• Maintain the petty cash system and regularly process petty cash claims.
• Regularly carry out reconciliations/ oversee regular reconciliations by the finance volunteer.
• Arrange payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
• Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.