As an Executive Committee member, provide leadership and be responsible for the organisation’s volunteer missions to the South Pacific, providing guidance and support and working in collaboration with the Country Programme Officers. Working closely with the board of directors, the CEO will develop the organisation’s long-term strategy, budget and business plan and ensure it complies with the law and regulations.
- Prepare a strategic plan and annual budget for approval by the board of trustees.
- Operate within the annual budget and ensure DAISI’s policies are up-to-date.
- Recruit volunteers and staff and work with executive board, general manager and officer bearers.
- Build relationships with politicians, the media and government officials in order to advance the DAISI’s aims.
- Establish and monitor key indicators of the organisation’s impact and financial health
Represent the organisation at external events and publicity opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of risks and changes in the external environment that affect the organisation.
- Build an effective working relationship with the chairperson of the board.
- Supply regular reports to the board and attend quarterly board meetings and the AGM.
- Ensure the organisation’s volunteers and staff are focused on achieving its mission and aims.
- Ensure DAISI fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
- Establish mechanisms for listening to the views of beneficiaries on the organisation’s performance.
- Deliver DAISI’s business plan and, if necessary, help the organisation to win contracts or funding from public bodies.
- Help to ensure a sustainable income from individual and corporate donations.
Represent the organisation to the media and give interviews.