DAISI’s administrative structure consists of the Executive Board, which includes the Chair, Secretary, Vice Chairs, and Treasurer. There are currently fifteen Office Bearers. These consist of the Chief Executive Officers (CEO), and 13 additional Officer Bearers as shown below:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Five Country Programme Officers (one for each Country in the South Pacific that DAISI has a working relationship and current Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with)
- Nine additional Officers
- Finance Officer
- Sponsorship, Finance,
- Laparoscopic Training Officer
- Medical Student Liaison,
- Shipping Logistics,
- Child Protection Officer,
- Environment Protection Officer,
- Gender Equality Officer, and
- Disability Support Officer.
These administrative positions are determined by the Executive Board. The term for Office Bearers is two years. The office bearer positions are unpaid (honorary) & voluntary.
Currently the only paid employment is from external third party contractors.
Plans are underway to recruit an General Manager to be in charge of the day-to-day running of DAISI. At the moment this is a voluntary 0.4 FTE position.