DAISI has in place delegation and authorisation levels for personnel, including cheque signatories policy.
- All expenses greater than $50 must be approved by two board members, one being the Chairperson with this approval from the Chairperson obtained in writing.
- Wherever possible projects or activities that incur a financial cost greater than $500 should be discussed and approved by consensus voting at the quarterly board meeting.
- Payment of reasonable anticipated ongoing expenses for approved projects do not need additional written approval but must be accurately recorded in the annual budget.
- Payment of additional unanticipated ongoing expenses for approved projects do need additional written approval from the Chairperson and must be accurately recorded in the annual budget.
- Payment of volunteer travel and accommodation expenses needs board approval if directly from the DAISI account with no volunteer contribution.
- Payment of volunteer travel and accommodation expenses does not need board approval if payment amount matched by volunteer contribution.
- ongoing anticipated outgoings (rent, electricity, phone bills, mailbox renewal, public liability insurance, postage, stationary) do not need board approval but must be accurately recorded in the annual budget.