DAISI promotes the empowerment of people with disabilities with the development of an number of governing policies to ensure their inclusivity. For all matters or concerns relating to disability, please contact our disability support officer.
- DAISI members demonstrate an organisational commitment to the inclusion of people with disabilities.
- DAISI is committed to the United Nations policies on the rights or persons with disability.
- DAISI activities must include a focus on disability rights, and inclusion of people with disabilities.
- People with disability are often more marginalised in the South Pacific due to limited resources, therefore there must a a greater effort of inclusivity for this marginalised group in DAISI activities.
- All DAISI planning process must includes consultation with people with disabilities and contextual analysis of the barriers to social inclusion and participation.
- DAISI promotes providing opportunities for people with disabilities and/or their representative organisations to participate in decision-making.
- DAISI is committed to monitoring and evaluating progress in promoting the empowerment of people with disabilities.