DAISI is committed to maintaining human rights for all people with human rights being inalienable, indivisible and universal.
- Human rights are for everyone, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, indigeneity, disability, age, displacement, caste, gender, gender identity, sexuality, sexual orientation, poverty, class or socio-economic status.
- DAISI members aim to protect its primary stakeholders from abuses of human rights, including violence, abuse, exploitation or neglect.
- DAISI members and policy makers will ensure that all of its aims and objectives are underpinned by human rights principles.
- DAISI recognises the human rights of children and women. It also recognised sexual rights of all individuals, regardless of orientation, as a fundamental human right.
- DAISI abhors the use of violence and torture consistent with the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment of Punishment
- DAISI recognised the human rights needs of refugees, and supports UNHCR Convention and Protocols on the status of Refugees. https://www.unhcr.org/protect/PROTECTION/3b66c2aa10.pdf
- DAISI members will report back to Executive on pertinent issues of human rights including those related to children, women and sexuality.
- DAISI members will uphold its lawful obligation to report to relevant authorities when atrocities of human rights are encountered.
- DAISI strong supports the advocacy of human rights activities.
- DAISI members will, when possible advocate with partners and government to make changes to law and policy to better support human rights.