DAISI’s recruitment policy is committed to robust screening of all volunteers and members to ensure the exclusion of undesirable candidates.
- All volunteer or member applications to DAISI should include the following safeguarding screening measures:
- Mentioning DAISI’s strict adherence to the ACFID Code of Conduct on Child protection. This measure is important as a deterrent to any applicants thinking DAISI is a safe-haven for those who abuse children.
- Asking about criminal record and previous child offence charges.
- mention of requirement for National Police Record (NPR) check and Working With Children Certificate (WWCC) .
2. Interviews conducted for volunteers and members must also mention DAISI’s commitment to the ACFID Code of Conduct on all matters including Child Protection, as well as the requirement for WWCC and NPR checks.
3. A copy of WWCC and NPR Certificates must be kept on file for all members and Volunteers.