DAISI’s Project Appraisal Tool is an organised means for considering the goals, stakeholder opinions, community support and budgetary factors that are overall likely to determine the worthwhileness and longevity of a project. It should be applied prior to every new project.
What were the goals of the project?
What were the objectives that you wanted to achieve within the time frame of your project?
3. PRIMARY STAKEHOLDERS
Who are your project stakeholders?
A: Specify the stakeholders who should participate in this evaluation:
B: Specify the stakeholders who need information from this evaluation and will see the results:
(nb. Stakeholders are the individuals or organizations that have a vested interest in your project. They include individuals and organizations that make decisions, participate in the project, or may be affected by project activities)
4. PARTICIPATION OF PRIMARY STAKEHOLDERS
- Were all relevant primary stakeholders been considered?
2. In what ways were primary stakeholders included in this project?
3. What strategies were used to promote participation of primary stakeholders?
4. Have focus group discussions occurred (e.g. with primary stakeholders)?
5. Were primary stakeholder groups allowed to participate directly in decision making (please explain and given examples)?
5. MINORITY (MARGINALISED) GROUPS
- Have minority (marginalised) groups been allowed to participate in decision making?
6. PROJECT OUTCOMES
- What outcomes did you achieve during or right after the completion of your project (i.e., your immediate or short-term outcomes)?
- What outcomes did you achieve (or expect to achieve) within three to six months after the completion of your project that you could still attribute to the activities of the project (i.e., your intermediate outcomes)?
7. BUDGET CONSIDERATIONS
- What budget was allotted to this project?
2. Were you able to remain within budget?.
8. ONGOING SUPPORT
- Is there ongoing support by stakeholders for this project?
2. Explain the tangible and non tangible support for the ongoing implementation of this project.